With the summer being the busiest time for moving, things can sometimes get a little hectic. No matter how frantic it may seem to be moving during this time of year, there are a few things you should consider when looking for a moving company.
10 “Do” Questions to ask:
- Do they have a minimum charge? How are you charged after the minimum is met – 15 minute increments, every half hour, etc?
- Do they have additional charges for stairs, elevators, pianos, padding and stretch wrapping, fuel or kilometres?
- Do they offer free, no obligation quotes?
- What types of payment options do they offer? Do they require a deposit?
- Do they have full-time employees or use temps and day labour? Do they carry Workers Compensation for their employees?
- Do their rates include insurance? What valuation is covered – some movers put a valuation of 60¢ per pound for each item moved?
- What kind of cancellation policy do they offer? (you should always be able to cancel or postpone until a few days before your move)
- Do they offer suggestions on how to make the move easier and reduce your costs?
- Do they have an office contact number (other than a cell phone) for the day of the move should challenges arise?
- Do they provide customer referrals from previous moves?
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Pickering are the “Movers Who Care” and want your move to be as stress free and smooth as possible no matter who you choose to go with. Ask the right questions and you will get the right results!