TWO MEN AND A TRUCK – Oshawa has lots of experience in packing your belongings. However if you choose to pack yourself, our movers have some great advice for you.
- Use only new, uniformed sized moving boxes. Previously used boxes have often lost their sturdyness. Liquor boxes are also not the greatest option as it takes longer to load them into the truck, and they are not easy to stack safely.
- Start packing items you don’t use very often as soon as you know you are moving.
- Try to avoid packing items from multiple rooms in the same box. This makes your unpack go more smooth.
- Do not over pack moving boxes. Remember the heavier the item, the smaller the box.
- China and glassware should go into Small or Medium boxes, and always labeled as “FRAGILE”
- Seal the tops and bottoms of boxes with packing tape, do not use duct/masking tape or fold the flaps.
- Use packing paper when packing fine china or lampshades, avoid using newspaper as the ink can transfer.
- Label all boxes with the room and contents of box. This helps your movers place the boxes in the right room.
- Pack an “Important” box with everything you will need on moving day and label it appropriately. Have the movers load it last on the truck and take it off first, that way you can access it at all times
- Lamps and lampshades should be placed in Large moving boxes if they fit.
- Small pictures and artwork should be packed into boxes to ensure they remain safe while on the truck.
- Our movers cannot take flammables, alcohol or other liquids on the truck.
Follow these simple tips and moving day will go smooth and stress free!